Celeste send: broken...

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Oct 26 16:47:32 UTC 2003

mayureshkathe at softhome.net wrote:
> I can receive mails in Celeste, but when I send mails (or rather send queued
> mails) I get a red walkback window.
>
> What could be the problem and how do I solve it?

I'm guessing there is a problem in one of the messages to be sent.  A
lot of these are caught nowadays, but some apparently can slip through.
So either look in your .tosend. category and examine the messages very
closely, or hit the Debug button and try to find out what error the SMTP
server sent you.

Of course, there should be a better error message.  It should say "Error
sending mail: blahblah" where blahblah is the SMTP server's response.

-Lex