Squeak Challenge - Weblog Server Goes Live!

Mark A. Schwenk mas at wellthot.com
Mon Oct 27 00:29:18 UTC 2003

SBlogLite is up and running on my server. I have set up an entry page at
http://sblog.wellthot.net/. This has some changes since the "Official
Squeak Weblog Challenge Version". It includes some changes I had started
on but not merged into Avi's last official version. It also includes
some fixes that Lukas made today. And it includes a critical enhancement
to persist the blog username and password.

I have created weblogs for each of the SBlog team members.
Following are the participants names and their weblog/user name.

Avi Bryant	avi
Blaine Buxton	btb
Edgar De Cleene	edc
Lukas Renggli	lr
Mark Schwenk	mas
Daniel Vainsencher	dvf

If you would rather use a different name for the weblog (this just
appears in the url and is different from the title) let me know.

Your password is currently sent to "sblog". Please access your blog and
change your password when you get a chance. The entry url shown above
contains links to each of your weblogs.

If you don't want a weblog here, let me know and I will remove it.
If you want some help moving your weblog here from somewhere else, let's
discuss what tools we might want to develop to help with this.

I was discussing the server configuration last night with Avi. I was
trying to shorten the weblog urls from

http://sblog.wellthot.net/seaside/blog/mas/

http://sblog.wellthot.net/mas

but this will require some server configuration magic, seaside magic, or
a combination of both. You might want to hold off on publishing any url
for this server except for the top-level http://sblog.wellthot.net/ url
until we decide whether to implement a simplified url for the individual
blogs.

If you have your own domain and want to point one of your domain names
to this server, let me know so I can update the server configuration to
work for that.

I'm happy to provide this service to the SBlog team to encourage further
development of SBlog and further collaboraton between team members. We
may even open up the server to a larger Squeak Community after we have
things up and running smoothly.

Thanks for the opportunity to work with you. It's been a treat!
-Mark Schwenk
  WellThot Inc.