MySql driver broken in 3.6g

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Oct 27 08:15:05 UTC 2003

Hi guys!

Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:
> ar wrote:
>
> >Anyway if they (SocketStream versions) are that different it is impressive
> >that the driver still works; esp since Avi says that methods like #upTo:
> >have annoyingly different semantics. Anyway, I haven't noticed any bytes
> >dropped off my data or anything :)
> >
> That is indeed impressive.  If I were you, I would look at any sends to
> #upTo:, #upToAll:, and #match:, just to make sure - those are the
> methods I remember having significant differences.

I am just porting HttpView to Kom6.2 and 3.6 networking and stumbled
upon a few things that wasn't functioning. One problem was that #match:
isn't in 3.6-SocketStream. I have implemented that one though, and some
other little thing I can't remember right now.

#upToAll: can of course be used instead but it is quite different from
Bolot-match:. And Bolot-match is slightly different than
PositionableStream-match:.

> Stephen Pair can probably lend some insight here, since he ported
> Comanche to 3.6 and would have had to address the same issues.
>
> It's not that the MySQL package is just including its own SocketStream,
> and you're thus breaking every other network client, is it?

That is a good thing to check. ;-)

> Avi

Anyway, I will be feeding my stuff back into Kom and the base image as
appropriate.

regards, Göran