short cut keys in Squeak environment

knightofsadcountenance knightofsadcountenance at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 10:38:29 UTC 2003

> I went through a very frustrating period of intensive Squeaking
> intermingled with command line work where I'd hit tab in a browser

...A similar experience in the past few weeks prompted me to speak
out some on the issue...

But I was getting really excited when I saw the changesets and
detailed analysis (Thanks Lex and Ned)... but the actual complexity
of the problem has calmed me down.  I was fooling around with "Sensor
kbdTest" and then found the command-. (or alt-.) interrupt would also
be broken with the dupAll.  ctrl-d of "[true]whileTrue" put an end to
those new key bindings----

This experience with "Sensor kbdTest" also triggered a memory of
setting up links in Squeak.  I remember the explicit instructions
are "to just use alt-6".  Probably there are many more exceptions...
ok back to the drawing board for me.  (But thanks for the efforts -
now next time I may be able to replicate these types of analyses
instead of just filing complaints on the list for others to handle =)

Webb McDonald