short cut keys in Squeak environment

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 29 06:18:55 UTC 2003

"knightofsadcountenance" <knightofsadcountenance at yahoo.com> wrote:

> But I was getting really excited when I saw the changesets and
> detailed analysis (Thanks Lex and Ned)... but the actual complexity
> of the problem has calmed me down.  I was fooling around with "Sensor
> kbdTest" and then found the command-. (or alt-.) interrupt would also
> be broken with the dupAll.  ctrl-d of "[true]whileTrue" put an end to
> those new key bindings----

Hmm, alt-. continues to work on Linux.  Did you load *both* changesets
at once?!  :) I've left dupAll running just to see what it's like.

Incidentally, alt-. is generated in at least some cases via the VM, so I
don't know how well that could be fixed with a simple changeset.  And
actually, I don't think *this* one should be ctrl-. *or* alt-. -- IMO it
should be  whatever is standard on the OS.  For Windows, it should be
ctrl-break.  But one issue at a time!

-Lex