[BUG][FIX] - System window resize pane goes to CPU 100%

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Oct 29 20:28:14 UTC 2003

On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 05:51 PM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> This, combined with the added cursor constants, makes a small
> improvement for me but those damn resize handles still regularly grab
> my pointer and don't let go until I've lost track and been thoroughly
> discomfitted.

John and I (here at OOPSLA) figured out how to reproduce this problem:

- Run Squeak in a single window, not full screen, on OS X (I'm not sure
I've seen this problem on Windows)
- Line up a SystemWindow to be right up to the edge of the Squeak
window (so that there are 0 or 1 pixels in between).  For example, line
it up along the right edge.
- Slowly drag the mouse to the right, so that it crosses the two
borders.  The resize cursor will appear, and as you continue to the
right (moving outside of the Squeak window), the Mac hardware cursor
dissappears, and does not usually reappear until you click the mouse
button or move the mouse back over the Squeak window.

John's previous fixes don't address this particular problem... he said
he'd take a look at it.  Might be a VM thing.  Or not. :)

- Doug