Font problems with 3.6

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Oct 30 16:56:46 UTC 2003

Vincent Coetzee wrote:

> Hi Ned
>
> I am using CocoaSqueak Version 3.6 - 5424. My menu ends up looking like
> this
>

> The items turn gray when the mouse is over them, and the items are fuzzy
> and then they do not turn blue again afterwards. The poor fonts are such
> a pity in Squeak since my users are very iffy and keep on complaining
> about how bad the fonts look in the app compared with WinDoze.

I think you shouldn't have loaded the package from SqueakMap (if that is
what you did).

The distributed images have TTF support in them and they should directly
load .ttf files.

If you are using a stock image (i.e. without the TrueType fonts package
loaded from SqueakMap) and the fonts still aren't inverting correctly,
there may be some other problem.

I think the description of the TTF package on SqueakMap should be
changed to warn people not to load it into 3.6+ images. That package is
for 3.4 images.