OOPSLA 2003 Trip Report is up

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Oct 31 17:08:49 UTC 2003

Well I'll let the guides answer that, really I all did was point out
the change set and asked when could I get them into the update stream.
Well of course sitting there with a sharp stick and poking a bit
helped. No not quite true, just joking.
Perhaps we need a best before date? Perhaps its a priority sorting
problem? I'd bet we just need more harvesters.

On the other hand they relished the opportunity to nail me with the
responsibility to fix interesting hardware/software cursor problem
which isn't easy to solve.
Oh and Ian and I right now are installing the official version of 10.3
on a development machine to hunt for the core dump.

On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 01:18 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 07:42:04PM -0800, John M McIntosh wrote:
>> Numerous folks asked me where the trip report is so I've posted the
>> first three days at
>>
>> http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/OOPSLA2003d1.html
>>
> Hi John,
>
> You write:
>
> | Certainly I managed to talk to some of the Squeak guides and push
> some
> | needed patches further up the change set queue.
>
> Maybe I really have not understood how the harvesting process is
> supposed
> to work. That would be great! Because it's not working at all. So:
> Where
> do I find that "change set queue"?
>
>    Marcus
>
> --