[BUG][FIX][SM] SqueakMap error handling for loading bogus package

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Sep 1 01:32:14 UTC 2003

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, David T. Lewis wrote:

> Note: Most SM functions use #inform: to display warnings to the user.
> I used #notify: in here because I am assuming that server instances
> of SqueakMap may be running headless, and that a headless server could
> handle Warning exceptions with no UI interaction.

Ok, we really need to deal with that.

I've just sent an extremely simplistic ENH to the list that introduces
Notification classes for #inform: etc, and changes Object to use them
instead of PopUpMenu directly.

I can't think of any way this would break existing code, and it sure is
nicer for headless servers and web apps.