Documentation, more, more

leftie2100 leftie2100 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 10:52:57 UTC 2003

Hi Goran,

I didn't necessarily mean that you in particular were guilty of
anything mentioned in particular. More that the general atmosphere and
attitude indicated what I was describing. Sorry if it came across
differently.

While you yourself may not wish to be a Squeak "evangelist," many do,
and they wonder why lots of people don't simply immediately understand
Squeak is great and just start using it. Well, people (especially
newbies) need to have their hand held and be nursed through the
process of starting to something new. One cannot act like a tech snob
toward those who are less knowledgeable than themselves and still have
a chance at converting new users. Having some tutorials scattered all
over the net that people may or may not find in the right order to
properly learn the language is not a system that is conductive to
learning. There needs to be a centralized place where people find the
files they need, as well as a downloadable text/s specifically
directed toward the current release that introduces Squeak and carries
the new user to a minimum level of competancy.