Documentation, more, more

Joel Shellman joel at ikestrel.com
Mon Sep 1 16:00:28 UTC 2003

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> "leftie2100" <leftie2100 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>Personally, I know a bit about writing, but I know nothing about
>>programming.  I'm a programming newbie that would really like to learn
>>Squeak, but I'm pretty much kept from doing that because of your
>>current documentation situation. I read this list because I keep

Sounds to me like you are a perfect candidate for writing some beginner
documentation. You're most likely to put in all the detail and trouble
spots that you run into in your quest to learn Squeak and that would be
very useful to all the others new to squeak that follow in your
footsteps. Documentation written by the experts often skip over the
little nitpicky details that they had to fight with years ago but that
can cause trouble for beginners.

-joel