Debugger woes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Sep 3 23:33:20 UTC 2003

Doug,

> I was going to move 3.6 to gamma on Monday, but I'm holding off for a
> few days until this discussion comes to some sort of resolution.

Don't wait. This discussion will have absolutely no impact on 3.6. We won't
rewrite the debugger "last minute" before a release anyway and for me, it's
mostly trying to understand some of the larger tradeoffs better. The
discussion with Anthony and Terry is really helpful for me to get a better
understanding about some of the associated issues and to bounce a few design
ideas off people who understand what they're doing ;-)

> Hopefully we will be able to make a smallish
> change/addition/reorganization to provide something "good enough" for
> Croquet to be able to move to 3.6?  We don't want to make a
> large/destabilizing change at this point in 3.6beta (like for example
> Anthony's original context changes for 3.6alpha, which were
> important, but caused lots of side effects for the debugger
> which had to be fixed).
>
> Anyway, something to keep in mind during the discussion. :-)

Nothing to keep in mind for 3.6 though ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas