ProjectViewMorph

Laurence.Rozier at knowledgearchitects.net Laurence.Rozier at knowledgearchitects.net
Thu Sep 4 16:13:49 UTC 2003

>Just a quick newbie question for the Squeak experts...  I'm trying to create a
>button that uses enterAsActiveSubproject to open a project in active mode.  I
>have all of my ProjectViewMorphs in the world...  but my question is - how do I
>refer to these morphs when creating my button?  The ProjectViewMorphs exist in
>the world already, so it's not like I'm initializing new morphs - or is that
>what I should be doing?

Sending a enterAsActiveSubproject message to a ProjectViewMorph is *one* way to accomplish what you want. You can refer to these morphs a number of ways depending on what state your code has access to. For example you can use submorphsSatisfying: aBlock  or submorphNamed: aProjectName. However if you have aProjectName then you could also say

(Project named: aProjectName) enterAsActiveSubprojectWithin: World

which will allow you to enter projects that don't have ProjectViewMorphs in the current world.

Regards,
Laurence