Garbage collector woes

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Fri Sep 5 08:24:15 UTC 2003

Ever so often it happens that "space left" does not finish. CPU usage
goes up and the UI freezes. I can use "Alt.-" to get back into
business and then sometime "space left" works when applied a second
time. Also sometimes I cannot save my image. I believe this is for the
same reason. Sometimes I can invoke "space left" once and when I
invoke it a second time immediately afterwerds it hangs. The stack
that pops up after Atl-. shows things in the area of waek references.

Has anybody encountered this too. Does it ring any bells ? What should
I do to track down the problem.

This happens with the latest 3.6 image.