[Q] about preferences

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 17:04:14 UTC 2003

Trying to play with alternatives to GeeMail for presentations, I have
come up with a couple of questions, both of which might deal with
preferences.

1. In a Scrolling Text object (from the Text group in Objects), if
alt-6 (on Windows) is used to make some selected text into a Web link
and then the text is clicked on to activate it, is there a simple way
to have it just go ahead and launch Scamper, instead of prompting if it
is okay to launch Scamper?

2. How do I add a local private SuperSwiki to the list of available
servers for publishing projects?  There are instructions for doing this
for the Squeakland plugin version (the servers are specified in an
external file), but not for the Squeak.org version (in the image
somewhere?).  There is a menu item for adding an ftp server in the
upper left pane of a regular FileList, but this isn't really
appropriate for a bss server.