[BUG][VM] 3.6-beta11 compile problem

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Sat Sep 6 17:34:35 UTC 2003

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Colin Putney wrote:

> > most of the global variables; on many machines this lets the compiler
> > keep a single pointer around and index of it. For Acorn machines I keep
>
> I don't suppose it could be named something more informative than
> 'foo'? Last time I was digging around in the VM sources I was
> completely mystified when I encountered it.

I've already slapped JMM's wrists over the naming (;^p) and volunteered to
make the name changes in the CCGen.  Changeset forthcoming, when it
bubbles to the top of my "to-do" list...  (Right now it's number 3 on the
list, after the Unix-related changes to VMM for TPR and getting the Unix
VM to run as a Safari plugin.  Only snag is the latter may turn out to
have unbounded complexity.  Maybe I'll swap them.  ;)

Cheers,
Ian