[BUG][FIX][SM] SqueakMap error handling for loading bogus package

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon Sep 8 10:59:24 UTC 2003

I agree with both. Anyone happen to know what other well designed
systems do to handle such issues? I'm sure we're not the first to run
into this general problem.

We do need more flexibility in user interaction handling, and it would
be good to use the most appropriate mechanism. OTOH, if we can't decide
on the Right mechanism, we should create an API that hides the
mechanism, and then use whatever works now (like, say, exceptions).

Daniel