[q] Modal dialogs (not working ?)

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Sep 8 20:59:10 UTC 2003

On 08/09/03 07:18, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>
>> On 07/09/03 10:57, "Bob Arning" <arning at charm.net> wrote:

>>> 1. Don't
>>
>> Martin:
>> And besides Bob excelent advice  you still want have a SystemWindow with
>> fields, buttons, etc you could do:
>>
>> Your code hier
>>
>> [done]
>>                 whileFalse: [World doOneCycle].
>
> But this will not make your dialog modal (try it!). Which is a Good
> Thing, as others have pointed out.
>
> Hey Martin: Why is it you want to repeat all the silly mistakes bad UI
> designers force upon the world?
>
> --
>   Bert

Bert:

I have that code working in my TEG.

Perhaps we have different opinion of what is a Dialog.

 FillInTheMorph  is the example what I point (and have this code too).

For me, a Dialog is a window what stay in place , with buttons, pictures,
text, etc, and what stay in place until you click on a special place.
I glad to read your concept.

Cheers.
Edgar