Cleanup package on SqueakMap

Adam Spitz adspitz at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 8 21:44:46 UTC 2003

> Writing a bunch of these that refer to etoys (or whatever)
> components would allow you to know when you're done
> with each.
>
> Does this sound helpful?

I'm not sure. In the long run, it might be useful to have some
tests like that lying around. Right now, though, I'm not really
having much trouble with packages becoming retangled.

MudPie was very helpful in finding the low-hanging fruit; I used
MultiModuleAnalyzer>>packageStrongComponents a lot, at first. But
now the easy stuff is mostly gone; we're down to the big
100-package clump.

The main tool I'm using right now is
PackageInfo>>browseExternalReferences (with a few modifications).
Maybe MudPie can do more to help, but the problem now isn't
figuring out where to cut; it's deciding *how* to cut.

(It would be really useful to have some sort of general
registration place for things like menus.)

Adam