poolDictionary access in a Workspace

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 9 05:27:49 UTC 2003

What do the rest of you do when you want to access values in
SharedPools from a Workspace?  I have been adding the pools
I'm interested to UndefinedObject, but it feels like a hack.

Poking around, it looks like we might let Workspace implement
#doItContext and #doItReceiver to return objects that will magically
result in the proper lookup when a workspace expression is compiled.
The more I think about this, it seems like an even worse hack; at
least the current one is simple.

Then I thought about Workspace>>bindingOf:, but this doesn't even
get called if you type in a name beginning with a capital letter.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Joshua