[Enh]pickyWorkspcaes (proof of concept; was: Re: Forcing varaibles to be declared in Workspace)

Torge Husfeldt torge.husfeldt at gmx.de
Tue Sep 9 15:24:05 UTC 2003

Hi Stef,

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:25:23 +0200, ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Is there a preference that force the variables to be declared in a
> workspace?
> Because not having newly initialized values can be really the source of
> lot of errors
> for novices. I browsed the preferences but could not find how to forbid
> to have environment associated
> with the workspace.
>
> Stef

Is this what you had in mind?
<disclaimer>
This should be regarded as a proof of concept because it may cause
multiple confirm dialogs to pop up. It may or may not conform to
the new design guidelines of requesting a user confirmation.
</disclaimer>

> From the preamble:
"Change Set:		pickyWorkspaces-th
Date:			9 September 2003
Author:			Torge Husfeldt

This makes workspaces a bit more picky
in that they ask the user to confirm before
creating a new binding.
As requested by Stephane Ducasse on 9/9/2003.
The new behavior is controlled by a preference:#autoBindingsInWorkspaces."

--
Der Mensch kann wohl tun, was er will, aber er kann nicht wollen, was er
will.