VM config managment problems...

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Wed Sep 10 05:36:42 UTC 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Mmm I think Ian dropped in my suggested change
>
> # define BREAK		goto *jumpTableP[currentBytecode]
> #else
> # define BREAK		goto *jumpTable[currentBytecode]

That's been in there since we talked about it in Seattle.

(Wake up, John. ;^p)

> But just to obsolete things for him, I'll point out that this also
> makes a difference for 68K machines

Hands up anyone running Unix on a 68k machine...?

Hmm, thought not.  ;)

> newer machines might not make a difference. Other folks INTEL and ARM
> might what to check assembler output

Even better, check benchmark times.  Removing instructions has been known
to make things slower.  (Too many hazards in the pipeline end at the same
time.)

Ian