[Q] about ProjectViewMorph

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 13:03:51 UTC 2003

David Faught wrote:
>Ned Konz wrote:
>>Look at SuperSwikiServer>>showQueryAsPVM:
>
>Okay, now that you've got me in the right place, I did the following,
>that does more or less what I really want to do:
>
>   ServerDirectory serverNames.
>   "(with a printIt, which will show all the servers)"
>
>   sv := SuperSwikiServer serverNamed: 'My SuperSwiki'.
>   "a doIt, followed by ..."
>   sv queryAllProjects.
>   "with a printIt, which will list a directory of all the projects"
>
>   "then the real winner ..."
>   sv queryProjectsAndShow: {'projectname: testit1'}.
>   "a doIt, which will bring up a ProjectViewMorph for the most recent
>version of the project with a filename like testit1.002.pr"
>
>I want to be able to reference already existing projects without
>needing to actually load them, and this will let me do it through cool
>thumbnails in the form of PVMs.
>
>Thanks to Bob and Ned for your help!  Maybe I will write this up for
>the Swiki someday soon ...

Whoops!  An even easier way is already written up in the "Basics of
SuperSwiki" page at http://209.143.91.36/super/36 under the section
"Doing a Query".  Basically, you hold down the Navigator tab's Find
button until a menu pops up, then select the "search the SuperSwiki"
menu item.  The query results are presented as PVMs.

Now I really feel stupid because I scanned through all this stuff when
I recently put up my own private SuperSwiki!