FinalizationLock waiting forever for signal.. ideas?

Andrew Catton andrew at beta4.com
Wed Sep 10 17:45:12 UTC 2003

After aborting when I received a low space notification, some code using
a WeakArray stopped working because FinalizationLock was waiting
forever.  Apparently some process had taken the semaphore and never
signalled, so I had to manually signal to get things working again..  Is
this a symptom of some fixable bug or just unavoidable?  Could we
#ensure: something that would stop things from getting into this state?
  This isn't an area of Squeak I'm hugely familiar with and I don't
really have time to look into it further right now, but I'm just
wondering if this immediately brings any ideas to mind..

Cheers, Andrew