[BUG]3.6-5419 FileList>open fails to open a FileList

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 10 20:32:40 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:

> > I realize that FileList2 is now the favoured UI but if FileList is
> > still in the image we really ought to make it keep working.
>
> We didn't change it.
>
> FileList open hasn't ever (as far as I can tell) opened a window.
>
> At least not since 2.8, it hasn't.

Works just fine for MVC, then and now. The comment clearly suggests that
it might well open a window and the redirection to openAsMorph hardly
negates that impression.

I note that many implementors (actually nearly all) of openAsMorph
include openInWorld, so I'm not being unreasonable. I'd just like a bit
more consistency.

tim
Save energy:  Drive a smaller shell.