[BUG] FileList2 opens to all roots insead of FileDirectory default

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 10 22:37:44 UTC 2003

The initial reason I tried opening a FileList as opposed to a FileList2
was that I was puzzled by the contents of the directory list pane; it
seems to me that getting a list of all the roots/servers is unlikely to
be a desired initial response when opening a file list. I posit that
the thing one is most likely to want to see is the directory one is
working in - or at least the nearest platform analogue - and not the
list of all possible roots.

Tracing this suggests that this is another incidence of a bug I recall
seeing in relation to the BFAV - where BFAV was trying to open a
file list on the directory containing the attachments to bug messages.
So far as I can tell the problem occurs when FileList2>postOpen updates
the SimpleHierarchicalListMorph with #(#openPath 'root' 'path1'
'path2'). At least that is when the FileList2's volList instvar gets
changed from the default path to ''. Didn't this get fixed as part of
the BFAV bug?

tim
I must have slipped a disk; my pack hurts.