www.squeak.org??? (attached page)

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Thu Sep 11 05:29:34 UTC 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 02:53:08PM -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> Bob Arning wrote:
> >FWIW, I put this up at
> >
> >	http://209.143.91.36/super/632
>
> Thanks.. Michael, pardon my negativity but.. no. Not with those colours. :)
>
> But the idea to point squeak.org at the wiki is the best. squeak.org's
> problem is that it lacks an agile updating process.
> Also, that it is separate from the community's main information
> repository, leading to content fragmentation and duplication.

But we should *not* have squeak.org (the main page) be a wiki: It's
much too simple to destroy a wiki page. Imagine e.g. if squeak.org
gets linked by slashdot: You really don't want to have a wiki as
your first line of defense in that situation....

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de