Win32Shell

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Sep 11 13:38:07 UTC 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:25:20 +0200, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de>
wrote:

> Lots of things. It'll tell you what failed if the FFI call spec is followed
> by "self externalCallFailed" which (apparently) is missing here.

My friend was away on vacation for a while, but he's back, and working on
this problem again.

The error he gets is: 'Callout mechanism not available'

This happens on 4 of 12 Win98 machines the app is installed on. The
SqueakFFIPrims.dll is in the same directory as the image and the VM. He has
tried copying the DLL file over from one of the working machines to the
non-working ones, but he still gets this error.

I can reproduce this error here by renaming my SqueakFFIPrims.dll file
before I start up Squeak. Can something in the image startup be failing?

Later,
Jon