[ANN] Chronology Package on Squeak Map

Ingo Hohmann uysl0l402 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:40:30 UTC 2003

Hi Brent,

Brent Pinkney wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 00:55:44 +0200, Ingo Hohmann
<...>
> hi Ingo,
>
> I am not convinced of the semantics of adding #-to Timespan as it is
> implemented in DateAndTime. I will try it out though.
>
> Would the following snippet illustrate your requirements:
>
> { Date today. DateAndTime now } collect: [ :x | x + 10 days ].

Actually, my ideas only went so far as to add #addDays to DateAndTime,
but this would be usefull, too, except that I would never have had the
idea to try this out ;-)

What do you think about the following methods?

Date>>asDateAndTime

and

Date>>dateEqual
Date>>dateGreater
Date>>dateLesser

DateAndTime>>dateEqual
DateAndTime>>dateGreater
DateAndTime>>dateLesser

which would allow to compare Date and DateAndTime values without taking
the time into account.

Kind regards,

Ingo