[ANN] Chronology Package on Squeak Map

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 17:15:26 UTC 2003

I just read the swiki page for this Chronology package and I think it looks
very good!

Those interested in including temporal objects in their domain should be aware
of another, alternative, package that focuses on simplicity and ease-of-use.

It's not ANSI "standard", but does use an ultra-friendly protocol, is storage
efficient, precise to the millisecond and solid as a rock.  It also has
complete interoperability between durations and date-times (which I call
"CalendarTime").  For example:

  myCalendarTime + 3 days
  myCalendarTime - 3 hours
  myCalendarTime roundTo: 30 minutes
  (1 hour + 33 minutes) truncateTo: 30 minutes

Time-zones will be added someday.

For more information:  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2977

Choices are a good thing.

 - Chris