Documentation, more, more

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Sep 11 15:24:06 UTC 2003

Hi. I think the multiple viewpoints idea is correct, but I disagree that
there should be a progression from Learners to Programmers (EToys to
Morphic) - part of our audience is experienced programmers of other
languages who may or may not have interest in EToys. I think the current
approach of having two different sites for the different viewpoints is
pretty good. The squeak.org name (and the swiki content behind it)
should continue to stand for the "programmers" POV, IMO, and this is the
one we need to improve.

I also like the universally available TOC. As I mentioned to Richard, I
think keeping the Swiki as a basis for most documentation is important
because it is easily editable, and the latest version is always
available. I think rather than writing an alternate TOC, it would be
good if you can just start to refactor the existing ones. That way, when
you're tired, we don't end up with "yet another half done effort", but
simply with a better site.

Daniel