www.squeak.org??? (attached page)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 11 14:10:51 UTC 2003

Michael van der Gulik <mikevdg at hetnet.nl> wrote:
> It's really not that hard to update a web-site! It's just a case of
> putting files in the right place on a server. Things like websites
> shouldn't be wiki's because wiki's were never made for that; wiki's are
> sort of half-way between a web site and a newsgroup. I would also not
> imagine that a wiki could handle big loads.

Well we need a volunteer to be seriously committed to keeping the
website up to date.  We wouldn't be having this discussion if it weren't
an issue.  I don't think anyone would mind if someone were to step up
and do this.  In practice it doesn't seem to be happening.

One issue is that a lot of the people who would be qualified, have much
better things to do even within the Squeak world.

-Lex