Socket Problems

Lukas Renggli renggli at student.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 15 19:04:31 UTC 2003

Hi Ian,

> Lukas: replace sqSocketConnectionStatus() in your sqUnixSocket.c with
> the attached version, recompile, and try to break your db connection
> again.   If it doesn't break any more then I'll include the changes in
> the next release.

we tried to add your patch to the Beta11 VM and it does compile without
problems. But afterwards the image does not answer for requests anymore.
We cannot investigate further at the moment, as there is no XWindow
installed on the server: we usually do all the management using a web-
interface. But it seems that the image crashes immediately when getting
a connection to the modified VW.

Cheers,
Lukas