About KCP and automatic initialize

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 15 19:55:52 UTC 2003

hi andreas

You are much better than us defending our ideas. Thanks because I was
starting to think
we were idiots.

I love your meta note (especially because I consider myself not as a
average person but
I realize every times I teach how difficult is the entry level).

> [Completely OT meta note here: I always had the feeling that most
> Smalltalkers love the way the entry barrier to the system is set. It
> ensures
> that only people "above threshold" will get into it. It's this kind of
> self-selection that _really_ drives me crazy when I think about wide
> adoption. It's the ivory tower syndrome all over]

This does not drive me crazy. I'm just flooded by a huge sadness that
kills all
my positive energy....