Some Swiki cleanups

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Mon Sep 15 21:18:27 UTC 2003

I took some time yesterday and today to clean up Squeak's Documentation
Swiki overview, and the Multilingual Support areas:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2983
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/MultilingualSupport

The multilingual pages were highly dispersed, noisy, and roughly 4 years
stale in general. A lot of the links from:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/Unicode

are mailing list post quotations which are 4 years old and need
summarizing or removal by people who are working in or near this area.
For example, one page had a totally random name, but was intended to be
"the Squeak localization" page. I also know there's been some recent
activity in this area, so I'd like those involved to document what they're
doing there, so that it's more accessible and permanent. Here's the page:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2508

As for the documentation areas, I added more links under "Using Squeak",
for multimedia, printing, and other areas. I also cleaned up the links at
the end.

This all started with a minor edit to one page, and cascaded as I realized
that no one has paid proper attention to these pages in /years/.

So, I would like to kindly remind people to USE the Swiki, and when you
find some offensively useless information, to correct it as best you can.
And please, avoid as much as possible the quotation of emails directly
into Swiki pages. A few minutes worth of effort makes information useful
instead of noisy and wasteful.

Feel free to mention other dark, dank areas of the Swiki that need
cleaning. Maybe I or someone else will get to them.

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development