KCP and initialize

Roel Wuyts wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 15 17:58:24 UTC 2003

Hello,
I am trying to follow the discussion, but I am a bit confused. With all
the arguments thrown around, it seems that the proposed mechanism
(automatic initialize) is just a finer grained mechanism. This will not
stop you from using specific instance creation methods (which I
strongly prefer for those cases where you can). So what is the problem?
I do not see why this promotes bad design whatsoever. To the contrary,
I am convinced that this will absolutely promote good design. How many
methods are duplicated currently? Is that good design? Is it good
design that there exist so many sibing methods?

--
Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group