[ENH][3.6] DeprecationPreference-avi

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Sep 16 19:25:25 UTC 2003

Well, it seems more useful to pop up a debugger so that you can see the
full context that the deprecated call was made in, and have access to the
source to change it right there.  Although I find the notifer popping up
to be extremely annoying as a user, it's exactly what I would want as a
developer trying to fix all my calls to deprecated methods.  Since I see
these as two quite distinct modes, a preference makes lots of sense.  And
that way when you're not in fix-deprecation mode, you don't get a whole
bunch of messages cluttering up your Transcript either.