[ENH][3.6] DeprecationPreference-avi

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Sep 16 22:48:22 UTC 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Doug Way wrote:

> I'm just concerned that if there are no warnings at all, package
> developers might not even notice that methods they rely on have been
> deprecated.  Perhaps this isn't a big problem in practice, I'm not sure.

I think that package developers just need to get into the habit of turning
#showDeprecationWarnings on as part of the process of checking for
compatibility with a new release of Squeak.  I don't think it's necessary
to be constantly informed that you're using a deprecated methods - just
that you be able to easily catch such uses during the release process. So
the preference seems right to me.