[FIX] ClassRemovalRename

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 17 02:08:23 UTC 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:33:52AM +0300, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> from preamble:
>
> "Change Set:		ClassRemovalRename
> Date:			15 September 2003
> Author:			Daniel Vainsencher
>
> SystemDictionary>>removeClassFromSystem:logged: should be called only
> Class removeFromSystem, and has been used erronously. This changeset
> renames it to forgetClass:logged:, which I hope reveals the intention of
> removing a class from various lists, and is less likely to be
> misunderstood. The old method is deprecated documenting the proper way
> to do things."!

Apologies, but I have not figured out the BFAV yet, so I'm sending my
comments in a change set.

Attached are some minor edits to the ClassBindingRemovalRename change set
by Daniel Vainsencher, 15 September 2003.

Class>>removeFromSystem has unnecessary formatting changes.
Should be a one-word change to the method. Changed it back so
that the only thing that changes is the call to #forgetClass:logged:.

Fixed typo in the comment for
SystemDictionary>>removeClassFromSystem:logged:
(s/SsytemDictionary/SystemDictionary/).

I think that #forgetClass:logged: is a good choice for the method
name. It conveys the intent of the method without setting incorrect
expectations.

In most cases, I would not expect that the deprecated method should
have its behavior changed, but think the way it is being done here
makes a reasonable choice on behalf of the user, so let's go with it.

- Dave