Time to condense sources?

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Sep 17 07:16:21 UTC 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 06:04:24PM -0400, Doug Way wrote:

> I agree that we should stick with the convention of only doing a full
> condenseSources for a major release.  (Squeak 4.0.)

Yes. But maybe we should think about having Major Releases more often.
If I remember correctly, the 3.0 was made only for some CD, not
because everyone felt we should do a Major Release. That mythical
"V3" (which was supposed to have e.g. Tims simpler compiledmethods)
was just renamed to V4. Maybe we should do this again (after 3.7?),
that is: rename the mythical "all good cleanup release" to V5, and
do a V4 just to not ship megabytes of unused old sources around...

    Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de