Deprecation (was: Refactoring Browser (was: AboutKCPandautomatic initialize))

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Wed Sep 17 15:02:27 UTC 2003

I don't see why it matters.  If developers don't put in the effort
they'll quickly learn once the methods get removed that they need to
check these things during the previous release.  I don't think we need
to hand-hold developers too much, particularly at the expense of
usability for other users.  We don't need to force developers to deal
with deprecation early, we just need to make it easy for them to do so
and provide incentive (their software won't suddenly cease to work).

But I think I'm more convinced by Avi's preference idea now than I was
before anyway... it's nice to have the context when you actually go to
solve the issue.

Julian