About KCP and automatic initialize

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Sep 17 15:29:01 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 01:08 am, ducasse wrote:
> I have the impression that the discussions is not making progress
> anymore so this is my last post on this topic.
> Reread my emails to see what and why I think that this is good.
> This is Concrete Reuse (tm).

Stef, Noury:

Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall you addressing Richard's
suggestion of adopting your change but using some other selector than
#initialize to avoid breaking existing code.

Its name is unimportant, as long as it's not already being used
somewhere as an instance method.

What do you think of this idea? We could still go through the code and
clean up existing (mis) uses of the initialize patterns.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com