New Smalltalk book in German

Markus Fritsche Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net
Wed Sep 17 17:55:29 UTC 2003

Nils Kassube <nika at kassube.de> writes:

> The irony is that English books often are easier to understand ;-)

"Ge-cast-et"...

> Is there a list of German universities still teaching Smalltalk?

I don't know of such a list, but as long as Prof. Dr. Brauer is
responsible for the it part of the program of study at the Nordakademie
(http://www.nordakademie.de, Elmshorn), Smalltalk will be the first
language the students have to learn.

However, every year students cry that nobody today uses smalltalk and
they should learn java. At the time of the java course, the students
have learned from the practical part at their companies (the Nordkademie
is a combined system of practical and theoretical education) and then
they cry that they should learn C, C# or COBOL to learn what their
companies demand...

Regards, Markus

--
http://reauktion.de/archer/