Some Swiki cleanups

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Sep 18 06:16:54 UTC 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> > http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2508
>
>   I even wasn't aware of some of the pages^^; I would suggest an
> extreme: we simply remove most of the stuff, and put the links to our
> paper and such.  Then, we start adding new comments to it.  Probably,
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/919
>
> is the only one to survive.  The references to the other page on
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/Unicode
> might be useful.

Well, I'm glad you at least see the situation better. And I think your
suggestion is not extreme at all, but of course I'm the one with the
chutzpa here.

>   However, I, as a normal human being, also hesitate to cut out the
> "other guys'" pages on Swiki.  Who should go ahead and do the
> reorganization?

Now, since when does editing a website (a wiki even) require superhuman
status? These guys had their three years of (pseudo-)fame already. :) As
long as the ones who have a stake in this (you and the few others working
on localizability) know that the end product addresses the questions
raised originally, there's no reason to hesitate! :)

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development