About KCP and automatic initialize

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Sep 18 07:46:51 UTC 2003

> Personally, I *like* the Camp Smalltalk spirit which is to try to
> provide
> common things (tools, kits, etc.) for all dialects and
> implementations. To
> build de facto standards. SUnit being a shining example.

Me too. So what is the point. We should stay and watch vendors not been
able to move or introduce
ugly namespace or pragmas and follow...really cool.

I think that we should stop thinking that this new/initialize pattern
will break the
dialect independence of the code. Come on open your eyes. There are
much more incompatibility
between the dialects even if they would all pass the ANSI tests.

Stef