About KCP and automatic initialize

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Sep 18 07:53:44 UTC 2003

Thanks goran. We are trying to do our best not damaging Squeak and this
is not easy.

> Now, one single but important point that none have raised AFAIK:
>
> I want us to trust the KCP people. You (KCPers) are doing a great job!
> Please, Stephane - you know that we (the community) can get carried
> away
> in detailed discussions. Don't let it turn you down.
>
> I want the subgroups that are formed within the community and that
> actively shoulder responsibility for parts of Squeak to actually have
> some form of "final saying" in the matter.
>
> 	With responsibility there should come some form of mandate to take
> decisions.
>
> Note that this is a personal post - not a united "Guides" post - but I
> personally happily put my trust in the KCP people and let them decide.
> We can always bang them on their heads later and change it back.
> Really.
> We can. :)
>
> regards, Göran
>
> PS. I saw Dolphin has an empty initialize in Object at least. :)

This is fun because we discussed with blair and andy in SS98 or 99 and
raised this point exactly
and they said that having it in model was an error and we got the usual
discussion why this was good
but I never thought that we made a point. So this is an excellent news.

Can you tell us if new call it ;)?

Stef