How to shut down Comanche (KomHttpServer 6.1)

Heribert Slama slama-h at gmx.net
Thu Sep 18 19:01:42 UTC 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:46:51 -0400, in
gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general, Stephen Pair
<stephen at pairhome.net> wrote:

>Also, I forgot to mention...if you loading the StarBrowser based GUI,
>you can open the StarBrowser, "add services" and your Http service will
>appear there.  Right click and select "stop".

As a true newbie I had some difficulties locating "add
services";;;-)  At last I found it on the context menu of the Root
item (tree? window).

OK, so now the web server was sitting there but still holding the
port. "Kill" didn't kill it. Next I reset the bindings and tried
"kill" again... "Delete" was the right thing to do:-)  I'm
"unleashed" now, ready for the next adventure:-)

	***

Smalltalk, the language, is not completely new to me; I know its
basic concepts and have seen several samples before, but I never had
hands-on experience. My problem is, understanding the _framework_
(the "architecture" of) Squeak, Morphic, the browsers etc. Is there
online documentation that goes beyond simple tutorials and samples?

Best regards & many thanks,
	-Heribert

--
Heribert Slama