How to shut down Comanche (KomHttpServer 6.1)

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Thu Sep 18 19:45:15 UTC 2003

Heribert Slama wrote:

> OK, so now the web server was sitting there but still holding the
> port. "Kill" didn't kill it. Next I reset the bindings and tried
> "kill" again... "Delete" was the right thing to do:-) I'm
> "unleashed" now, ready for the next adventure:-)

Actually, just stopping a TcpService will free up the port.  I'm not
sure why that didn't work for you (if you messed directly with the class
variable that tracks used ports or registered services you could have
messed it up).  You are allowed to have multiple TcpServices on the same
port, but only one can be running at any given time.

- Stephen