[BUG] loading new version of RB deletes important methods

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Sep 18 20:44:58 UTC 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Ned Konz wrote:

> It does; the MC v20 update doesn't fix the WeakSet problem, though.

Hm.  It does for new installations - I no longer register that WeakSet
with WeakArray.  But for upgrades, it doesn't de-register it.  This is of
course the weak point with Monticello-style upgrading that you keep
pointing out instances of...

The reason I was registering it in the first place was that I found that
for a WeakKeyDictionary, if I didn't register it with WeakArray its items
never got GCd.  I guess I changed from a WeakKeyDictionary to a
WeakSet without removing that registration.  But I still don't entirely
understand what's going on - when are you *supposed* to use
#addWeakDependent:?