Collection-Graphs and Morphic-Graphs

Samir Saidani saidani at info.unicaen.fr
Fri Sep 19 14:43:18 UTC 2003

Hello

I've just made a monticello version of Collection-Graphs and
Morphic-Graphs...
Luciano, could you try this version and tell me if it seems ok to put
it on squeakmap  ? Maybe could we find an ftp site or http/webdav somewhere ??
Joshua, I took a quick look on your version, and your package seems
quite different from the collection-graphs package. For instance,
consider the creation of a graph in collection-graphs:

	"Graph exampleGraph."
	| d |
	d _ self ordered.
	d addEdge: #r1 -> #n1.
	d addEdge: #r1 -> #n2.
	d addEdge: #r2 -> #n2.
	d addEdge: #n1 -> #n3.
	d addEdge: #n2 -> #n3.
	d addEdge: #n3 -> #r1.
	^ d

and in kgraph :

	| nodes edges |

	g1 _ KGraph new.
	nodes _ OrderedCollection new.
	edges _ OrderedCollection new.
	g1 setProperty: #createdNodes toValue: nodes.
	g1 setProperty: #createdEdges toValue: edges.

	nodes add: (g1 newNode name: 'g1-1').
	nodes add: (g1 newNode name: 'g1-2').
	nodes add: (g1 newNode name: 'g1-3').

	edges add: (nodes first ==> nodes second).
	edges add: (nodes second <== nodes third).

It's not very intuitive ?? Do you think possible to merge this two
project while keeping the intuitive graph creation in
collections-graphs ?